Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Song of the Day: Tears for Fears - Mad World

Re-made recently to great acclaim by Gary Jules, this is the original version, and I'm sorry, but I think the original is better than the cover! I played this all the way through on the old youtube, and at the end there was a little bonus... not sure if it was a fluke but it took me to another good one by T.F.F... "Everybody wants to rule the world"



Lyrics:

All around me are familiar faces
Worn out places, worn out faces
Bright and early for their daily races <-- inspired rhyming!
Going nowhere, going nowhere
And their tears are filling up their glasses
No expression, no expression
Hide my head I want to drown my sorrow
No tomorrow, no tomorrow
And I find it kind of funny
I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dying
Are the best I've ever had
I find it hard to tell you
'Cos I find it hard to take
When people run in circles
It's a very, very
Mad World
Children waiting for the day they feel good
Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday <-- the saddest line?
Made to feel the way that every child should
Sit and listen, sit and listen <-- maybe this is sadder?
Went to school and I was very nervous
No one knew me, no one knew me <-- no, this is sadder, boo hoo!
Hello teacher tell me what's my lesson
Look right through me, look right through me <-- by now you are thoroughly depressed

-BT

No comments: