Sunday, August 19, 2012

Song of the Day: The Clash - Complete Control



Songwriters: STRUMMER, JOE / JONES, MICK / SIMONON, PAUL / HEADON, TOPPER


Lyrics


They said release 'Remote Control' but we didn't want it on the label
They said, "Fly to Amsterdam", the people laughed but the press went mad
Someone's really smart
Complete control, that's a laugh
On the last tour my mates couldn't get in
I'd open up the back door but they'd get run out again
And at every hotel we was met by the law, come for the party, come to make sure
Have we done something wrong?
Complete control, even over this song

You’re my guitar hero
They said we'd be artistically free when we signed that bit of paper
They meant let's make a lotsa money
and worry about it later
I'll never understand
Complete control, lemme see your other hand
I don’t trust you, so why should you trust me?
All over the news spread fast
They’re dirty, they're filthy, they ain't gonna last
This is Joe Public (Control) speaking
I'm controlled in the body (We always hate control), controlled in the mind
This is the top rockers (Control)
With your zone in the price you whore, comes to me (C, O, N, control)
Total, see you all in control
Total (Parent, control), see you all in control

We’ve got the rock ‘n’ roll ?????????? (C, O, N, control)
That means you
I kick it, I fight it, I gotta get up at it (C, O, N, control)
I gotta kick it

No comments: